Friday, March 15, 2013

App Review: Midway Arcade

Midway Arcade is a great app for iPad or iPhone users. It's free, but you need to pay $3 per unlock set. Which is totally worth the price because you get 6 games for $6, which is a good deal.  Midway Arcade's menu is set up like a classic arcade, prize station included.  It acts like a trophy case for all the stuff you unlock.  There are games like Skee Ball, Billiards and Baskeball, but the main attraction are all the classic arcade games.  I'm going to review some of my favorites.
Root Beer Tapper is a classic.  Seen in the movie Wreck-It Ralph, you play as Tapper. You have to serve your customers root beer and collect tips and empty glasses as fast as you can.  It seems easy at first, but after a while you get overwhelmed. I enjoyed the game thoroughly. I enjoyed the challenge of the game and the classic graphics and music.
I'm a sucker for skee ball and the version here is great. While it is easy to start draining 100 points per ball, it's still challenging for the new player. The sound effects make me feel like I'm reliving my childhood playing skee ball at Chuck E Cheeses.  It's one of my favorite arcade games ever and I'm glad it was included.
My favorite of the Action pack is NARC. You play as an Narc agent running around the city busting drug dealers and other scum. You can bust them, but why do that when they give you an smg with unlimited ammo and a rocket launcher. It brings a smile to my face when a rocket in the middle of a bunch of drug dealers sends them flying in all directions.
The classic dungeon crawler Gauntlet is included. One and two are both there and are exactly on how people remember them. The graphics and music are still the same. It's pretty difficult single player so I kinda wish you could play online or via bluetooth with other players.  Other than that, I enjoy playing. Long live the Elf!
Finally, the last games I enjoy playing are Rampage and Spy Hunter. Both are in their classic glory, graphics and all. Again, Rampage would be more fun with multiplayer, but Spy Hunter is fun.
In all, Midway Arcade is a great app for everyone who enjoys old fashioned arcades and arcade games.

No comments:

Post a Comment