Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Top 20 Things Not To Do On Facebook


After being on Facebook since 2007, I have seen the social network giant grow and change.  With that change came along more people. And as we all know, more people means more chances for them to do things that annoy the daylights out of me. So with the help of the other editors here at the Lantern, I composed this list of things not to do on Facebook.

1. Taking excessive pictures with your animals: Yes you have a pet. Yes it is adorable. But we don’t need to see a new picture of it every day.
2. Posting statuses about the weather: I’m pretty sure everyone has a window, but thanks for the weather update Al Roker.
3. Posting those e-card pictures: It was funny the first time. Now it’s getting annoying and somehow more rude.
4. Changing your profile picture more than twice in day: Why you do this is beyond me. You looked fine the first time you changed it.
5. Inviting your entire friends list to an event:  I can’t even get to your event in New York because I don’t live there. Plus even if I did, I wouldn’t go anyway. Nothing personal.
6. Posting passive-aggressive statuses about someone: Thank you for airing your dirty laundry on the internet. My day has been made better by knowing you hate something someone does.
7. Posting “new year, new me” statuses: Congratulations, you have goals. Come back to me in a month about how much you actually achieved.
8. Over-promoting whatever you’re involved in: Yes I can see you’re in a club/band/social group. You don’t need to post about it every minute of every day.
9. Making statuses about your significant other: Oh, it’s your 2 week anniversary AND you’re totally in love with them? It hasn’t even been a month yet, calm down.
10. Posting Instagram photos: If I wanted to see a photo of your meal with a crappy filter applied, I’d follow you on Instagram.
11. Hash-Tags: This isn’t Twitter. Get your social networks right.
12. Over-liking one person’s statuses: Thank you for letting me know your stalking me. I’ll get a restraining order ready.
13. Posting your outfit of the day: Oh look you’re wearing your new boots! My day is complete now that I know your boots totally go with your yoga pants.
14. Posting those “like this if you have a soul, ignore it and you’re evil” photos: Thank you for letting me know I’m going to hell for not liking a picture of a puppy.
15. Re-adding me if we went to high school together: There’s a reason I haven’t added you as friend. I’ll let you figure out why.
16. Making your relationship status “it’s complicated”: How is it complicated? I’d work on fixing it instead telling the world you have a problem.
17. Getting into stupid arguments and losing: Now the whole world knows you lost a stupid argument. Look for the screen-shot on Reddit later.
18. Making your middle name your last name on your profile: There’s a chance I don’t know who you are and now I never will.
19. Making a big deal about your break-up: I’m sorry you broke-up with Johnny, but please stop posting about it. Nobody cares 5 months later.
20. Bragging about whatever: While it might be impressive, no one needs to know you benched 200 pounds today.

No comments:

Post a Comment